Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > NEWS: Server
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

NEWS: Server

Ok a few modifications with Newbies approval. They will be up once newbie approves of them and updates the server.

Changed. The damage reporting system. Instead of 1 lines it now has 3. This should make it easier on you guys.

Changed. The slow down effect from damage. It now only occurs if you were not damaged underwater and if it was greater than 1\20th of your current hp.
Note: We are giving the new damage system a try, even though I dont like it too much.

Comments? Suggestions? post below:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 01:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alia
OrcBerserker

I think the slowdown just sucks. Take it out.
BTW, whens r-town coming in?

Server:Binkers and Newbies

Class:Ranger - Archer

Remort:3

Level:123

Cash:11+ Million.

Alia is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 01:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alia Click here to Send Alia a Private Message Visit Alia's homepage! Find more posts by Alia Add Alia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

r-town is eventually, we may see another update that will change the skin to one with boots when you put one on! that would be awsome. Sir_Crusader is working on that one.
No the slow down effect will not be taken out. it will only affect you if you get hurt for more than 1/20th of your hp. and if you are not underwater. Otherwise you can use it to smack a thief before he can get away.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alia
OrcBerserker

What? Actual boots? Its like a dream come true!

Alia is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alia Click here to Send Alia a Private Message Visit Alia's homepage! Find more posts by Alia Add Alia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

Trident could you just put those attack messages back up on the top? ppl do like to be able to look back and see what happened more than 5 seconds ago as we don't stare at the bottom of our screen when in a fight...

and just covering up more of the screen with message boxes isn't the answer.

who else agrees with this?

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01

Internet is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alia
OrcBerserker

I agree. I'd like to see what I hit them for, and what they hit me for, for some time longer than the 5 sec the boxes alot us...

Alia is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 01:58 AM
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

I actually like the new feature. It makes PK'ing a lot more fun.

I mean seriously, its more realistic.

If you die/get hit by someone, and you werent paying attention, boom they are gone. it's not like you can go back in time to see who the hell hit you. It keeps you on your toes, and i think it was a great addition

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alia
OrcBerserker

quote:
Originally posted by Cloud
I actually like the new feature. It makes PK'ing a lot more fun.

I mean seriously, its more realistic.

If you die/get hit by someone, and you werent paying attention, boom they are gone. it's not like you can go back in time to see who the hell hit you. It keeps you on your toes, and i think it was a great addition

RPG's arent sposed to be realistic. They're sposed to be fun. The slowdown and the dmg massages take away fun and make it realistic, therefore we should call its Mideval Tribes, instead of Tribes RPG

Alia is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 02:11 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

this is not an RPG, alia. A RPG is a Role Playing Game where you take the role of a person. You are not really doing that here. nuff said.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 08:48 PM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

only problem is if you go afk for like 5 seconds for some reason you have no way of seeing why your dead and who killed you.

I have a better solution... why not make a option to be able to change between the two if some ppl want it one way and some ppl want it the other way?

that way both sides are happy

Character Status

Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)

Internet is offline Old Post 10-26-2001 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alia
OrcBerserker

quote:
Originally posted by Internet
only problem is if you go afk for like 5 seconds for some reason you have no way of seeing why your dead and who killed you.

I have a better solution... why not make a option to be able to change between the two if some ppl want it one way and some ppl want it the other way?

that way both sides are happy

Takes time. And during that time, people would get pissed off at it, lol

Alia is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 01:10 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Guys, we will give the 3 lines a test run. Another thing, I added a new admin command to make questing a bit easier.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 01:38 AM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

why was the damage thing moved down to the bottom anyway?

cause it really sucks...

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 02:04 AM
Death Matrix
GoblinRaider

the damage thing doesn't really matter to me where it is. However, Cloud is wrong! I've been killed, while afk, like 5 or 6 times since the damge has been at the bottm and everytime, not saying how, but I was able to go back using console, and 1 other method and determine who hit me and it took no longer than if I were to scroll up the chat. So yes it is still possible to determine who pked u while u were afk. Just thought I'd let u know.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Death Matrix is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 03:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Death Matrix Click here to Send Death Matrix a Private Message Click Here to Email Death Matrix Find more posts by Death Matrix Add Death Matrix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

What annoys me about the bottom fight thingie is that I often hit tab/1 to look through my stats and and sp accordingly while fighting, and if I swing or am attacked, it dissapears.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alia
OrcBerserker

quote:
Originally posted by DeathMerchant
What annoys me about the bottom fight thingie is that I often hit tab/1 to look through my stats and and sp accordingly while fighting, and if I swing or am attacked, it dissapears.

Like with spells against sloths... you only see how much u hit yourself for.

Alia is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 10:08 PM
Vegeta
TravellerMarauder

quote:
Trident could you just put those attack messages back up on the top? ppl do like to be able to look back and see what happened more than 5 seconds ago as we don't stare at the bottom of our screen when in a fight...

and just covering up more of the screen with message boxes isn't the answer.

who else agrees with this?

I agree

Remort:2
Class:Paladin - Centur
Storage:More then a food store..
"Its better to burn out then fade away"
"God is a pedestrian on my wall" (i made that up out of nowere once)
"Whats the use of complaining?"
Cya in the RPG servers under the names: Surprentis and Vegeta
Thanks bladerunner for the sig!

Vegeta is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vegeta Click here to Send Vegeta a Private Message Click Here to Email Vegeta Find more posts by Vegeta Add Vegeta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alia
OrcBerserker

quote:
Originally posted by Vegeta

I agree

I agree that the new attack message system burns in hell, and the old one comes back.

Alia is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 10:48 PM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

it's really hard to view your stats when fighting anything... it keeps dissapearing... and now there are 3 lines instead of one to eat up even more of your precious screen space and irritate you

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 10-27-2001 11:23 PM
Vegeta
TravellerMarauder

ill send u like 2 bucks to get rid of the dam thing its so annyoing

Remort:2
Class:Paladin - Centur
Storage:More then a food store..
"Its better to burn out then fade away"
"God is a pedestrian on my wall" (i made that up out of nowere once)
"Whats the use of complaining?"
Cya in the RPG servers under the names: Surprentis and Vegeta
Thanks bladerunner for the sig!

Vegeta is offline Old Post 10-28-2001 04:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vegeta Click here to Send Vegeta a Private Message Click Here to Email Vegeta Find more posts by Vegeta Add Vegeta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

something I have been hearing a lot of this weekend when I was on...

quote:
WHO THE HELL PK'ed ME???? I WANT MY STUFF BACK!!! WAAAHHH!!!

The new message screen still proves how bad it can be by not letting ppl know who killed them when they took their eyes off their screen for more than 10 seconds. And no you can't look in the console to find it. Also I find that 3 lines is still not enough and I find that I never really see any of my attack messages... just 2 ppl in the uberzone hacking away at ubers and casting spells makes messages fly by so fast 3 lines can't keep up.... so whatcha gonna do make more? fill up 1/2 the screen with the freakin pos?

Also for the people who think that make it more realistic... don't you think you would have the capability to "remember" who just sabbed you repeatedly?

Trident... if this still doesn't convince you take a poll and see how many ppl hate it and just want it fixed back to normal. TRPG was sucesssful because of listening to the player's feedback. I hope you do the same thing.

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 10-28-2001 09:31 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

I DIDN'T IMPLEMENT THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE. -Thats all I have to say on that.

I changed it to 3 lines because 1 was impossible, If you dont like it yell at Newbie, Personally I dont really like the messages on the bottom anyway. I only made it 3 lines because newbie wanted It that way. If you want to complain about it dont ***** at me.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-28-2001 09:49 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

quote:
just 2 ppl in the uberzone hacking away at ubers and casting spells makes messages fly by so fast 3 lines can't keep up.... so whatcha gonna do make more? fill up 1/2 the screen with the freakin pos?

just me using IM and powercloud will get those dmg messages whipping by like mad. A typicall second will have one msg from the IM, 3 from powercloud vrs uber, and another 3 splash dmg on me. occasionally, there is even a few more due to a loose sloth/gohort combo. You can only imagine the havoc if you've got half a dozen ppl in uber like usuall. Must gripe at Newbie about it. ;-)

I'm gonna start a poll about what ppl want for Binkers.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 10-28-2001 09:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

quote:
Originally posted by DeathMerchant

just me using IM and powercloud will get those dmg messages whipping by like mad. A typicall second will have one msg from the IM, 3 from powercloud vrs uber, and another 3 splash dmg on me. occasionally, there is even a few more due to a loose sloth/gohort combo. You can only imagine the havoc if you've got half a dozen ppl in uber like usuall. Must gripe at Newbie about it. ;-)

I'm gonna start a poll about what ppl want for Binkers.

yea so true... those messages fly by on my screen so freakin fast I can't read em! lol

the poll is a good idea

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 10-28-2001 10:04 PM
Srnubi
GnollScavenger

just an idea

when R-town arrives make an area for training where u cannot be Pked or muged...

RL: 3
Class: HeadMystic
Money:1.3mill
Storage: Darmor, Fullplate, IM, over40Claymores, Dshield... and much more
Last Modifyed: Oct 30 / 6:00pm

Srnubi is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Srnubi Click here to Send Srnubi a Private Message Find more posts by Srnubi Add Srnubi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

On the plains of ethrin, make a Freeforall zone. In there, have the old fightclub building.

Everyone in there will be able to PK everyone else in there... absolutely perfect for dueling and what not. Also, much less lag than arena.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 02:21 AM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

Re: just an idea

quote:
Originally posted by Srnubi
when R-town arrives make an area for training where u cannot be Pked or muged...

you can't be killed in town unless somebody in mimic casts a spell on you from outside the town. this is easily avioded by hiding in buildings if your a weak dude

about the mugging thing... man all ya gotta do is keep moving and mug will fail every time... it's really easy to avoid... heck I've had VorterX at level 110 try to mug me when I was level 15 and he failed lol

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 02:28 AM
Srnubi
GnollScavenger

yea , but...

all they have to do is fail to mug u and BAM! your dead.

RL: 3
Class: HeadMystic
Money:1.3mill
Storage: Darmor, Fullplate, IM, over40Claymores, Dshield... and much more
Last Modifyed: Oct 30 / 6:00pm

Srnubi is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 02:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Srnubi Click here to Send Srnubi a Private Message Find more posts by Srnubi Add Srnubi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

You can't mug if the person doesn't stand still. Dumbass. It really isn't that all hard to not get hit by.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 12:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Bumping these posts till matt gets banned.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 09:50 PM